Aug 4th, 2016
Well, I have outdone myself again…
Keto Almond Biscuit ‘Crispy’ Bacon Sandwich
It’s not boring being in Ketosis as long as you are willing to do some ‘BAKING’
This recipe is to make 8 LARGE Biscuits that can be used as bread. They are actually what we call scones in the UK.
- 5 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 6 tbsp butter, melted or 40 grams
- 2 tbsp pure coconut milk (room temperature is best)
- 2 TBSP of Flaxseed meal with water added (or use 2 eggs)
***** ALSO .. Bacon (cook it REALLY Crispy) add Tomato paste !!
Instructions for cooking the biscuit
1. Preheat oven to 160-180 (About 360) degrees. In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, baking
soda and salt.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together melted butter (or coconut oil) and honey, until
smooth. Add the coconut milk, eggs and vinegar, whisking together until well
combined. Using a spoon, stir the wet mixture into the dry mixture until
3. For quick and easy drop biscuits: Drop biscuit dough by large spoonfuls onto a
baking sheet lined with parchment paper, placing the biscuits approximately twoinches
Pictures in reverse order…