Jul 25th, 2016
PROBABLY THE NICEST FLAPJACK EVER TASTED!
Also known as “Daddies Flapjack“.. Stodgy, with crispy and chew bits .. I know your mouth is watering!!
My own recipe that I use to carb up before competitions.. Gluten Free, Salt Free.
- Calories – 448 Calories (makes 24 pieces)
- Fat – 21 Grams
- Carbs – 56 Grams
- Protein – 5 Grams
- Salt – 0 Grams
Pre-heat the oven to 170*C/340*F (gas mark 4). Use grease paper..
- 500 grams of Butter (I use Kerrygold unsalted)
- 500 grams of Dextrose (Pure glucose powder)
- 460 grams of Golden Syrup (I use Lyles)
- 500 grams of fine (instant) gluten free oats
- 500 grams of rolled gluten free oats
Melt the butter in a saucepan (or in microwave). In mixing bowl add the dextrose and golden syrup, pour in the butter, then stir in the oats (fine and rolled). Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared tin/dish. Bake in the centre of the oven for 20/30 minutes (varies massively per oven, so watch this!), until golden brown (as in picture). Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before cutting into squares (24 pieces). Allow to cool completely in the pan/dish before removing.
I use a pyrex dish, I find its the perfect size for my flapjacks..